Friday, July 7, 2017

Sometimes when I'm reading a book in the bible I like to put myself there w/ the people. I think it helps me sometimes to understand what's going on. It was no different as I was reading Esther!! I've read the book many times, I'm sure even talked to you about it...many times, but this time it was different. As I'm picturing myself there watching this all unfold, Mordacai finds out Hamans evil plot to have all Jews killed, which he & Esther are one of, he, of course is beside himself, he's torn his clothes, put on sackcloth & ashes, & is now wailing "loudly & bitterly" in the streets. So anyway Esther finds out what's going on, Mordacai says go talk to the King, she says she can't & he says these words: "And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this!!" Powerful to me everytime I read it, but this time even more so. I told you about my story w/ Gods silence last week sometime, well when I first started hearing Him clearly it was as I was reading this book during VBS week!!! Now I'm not in a "royal position" but God is asking me to do something..to serve Him. I, of course ignored Him, but as I did He just kept saying, "and who knows that I haven't called YOU for such a time as this!!! Just b/c I was quiet doesn't mean I wasn't working on you. You had to experience what you did so you could be here right now!!" Oh my gosh, excitement is bubbling in me. We had a few more conversations & I did what Esther did, I called my girls!!! She told Mordacai she'd have hers fast w/ her, I asked mine to pray w/ me!! Esther answered the call that was given to her & I will do the same!!! I've talked to Him a couple times about how this would all work out & guess how He answered? Yep, through His word!!! I'm now reading in Romans & it's Pauls writing, but of course, I'm there listening too & he says: Romans 1:5- Through him we received grace... Through Him I have received grace!!! So on my own this will never work out, but through Gods grace & His strength it's going to be just fine!!! So keep listening for Him. If you think it's been quiet to long, maybe you've been in "the rabbit hole" (as one of my girls has said) to long & it's time to come out & hear, listen, & obey. Whatever God has planned for you, in His timing it's going to be good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment